Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tea-light Card


        Today I am thinking of Christmas and the craft fair I have coming up in November.  I found a template for this tea light card from http://scrappeskreppe.blogspot.com/ and I fell in love with it.  It took a few tries to convert cm into inches but I got it to work.  I used craft cardstock and cut it 6 x 12 then you score at 3/8", 1 1/4",  2 3/4", 3 5/8" then you turn your cardstock around and score at 3 1/2 inches.  To make the opening so you can see the tealights I left and inch on top and bottom and cut in 1/4" on each side. (this will be the 2 3/4 portion of the card, which forms the top of the tea light holder).  I tied a ribbon around the tealights so they will not slide out.  I used some ribbon I bought from AC Moore, but was thinking since I was doing a vintage card, I could have used stips of material to make it feel more "old world".  I hope you like it, I think I will be making more to hand out to my co-workers for my Christmas cards - they will get a card and a gift all in one.  Love that it!!

2 comments:

Patti Ross said...

I LOVE this card - the idea, everything! Can't wait to make some of my own!

Turnedgypsy said...

very cute card....

you did great job.

stop on over and visit my blog and projects too. follow me and comment. i do monthly giveaways without warning so the more you post the better you have. you never know, there may just be a surprise giveaway in the near future.

http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

Free Products!!

Happy New Year!!  This is my favorite time of year with Stampin Up!  Why?  Because I can earn free product!  Right now we are celebrati...