Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday Cards

Happy Sunday everyone.  My boyfriends' son, Sean turns 21 today so I made a few cards to give to him. I started with embossing the background with a cuttlebug folder, I cannot remember the name of it but it is the one with cattails and a bird .. Sean loves dogs so I used Everyday Paper dolls cricut cartridge for the dog, cut him out at 4 1/4 in dark brown and then again in light brown.  Cut the head off the light brown dog and put it on an action wobble and attatched his collar.  I use the collar to put the action wobble in motion - so so cute.  Just holding the card the head shakes a little like he is so excited to see him!!!  LOL.  Inside of the card, I like to make it a money holder.  I cut the dog house from the same Cricut cartridge at 4" and adhered it down on just the sides and bottom, leaving the top open to slip in the  money.  I think Sean will smile when he opens this card.
Hope everyone likes it.
            

This next card is just a simple one, again I used a Happy Birthday cuttlebug folder, and cut the numbers and letters from the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge.  I like the clean and simple look of this one.


2 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fun cards! He is sure to love them!

Sherrie K. said...

Cute cards. I love the idea of the wobble on this card. I bet it's adorable!
I also like the embossing! Grat job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Stampin Up! Year End Sale Event!

This is the time of year to save on your favorite stamp sets, framelits and bundles, with Stampin Up's year end sale event.  Here is a l...